10 Summer Kick Off Ideas
Hi Jump Start Families! Most schools are out and it is time to start thinking about SUMMER! The official first day of summer is June 21st. I would love to hear some of your traditions to kick off summer fun!
Here is a list of some ideas that might spark some new traditions for your family.
1. Have a bubble wrap party. Line your living room with bubble wrap turn on music and dance your hearts out!
2. Whip cream and pudding finger-painting! Line your picnic table with a dollar store tablecloth give everyone a good helping of vanilla and chocolate pudding and some spray cans of whipped cream! Paint and have no worries about little ones getting some in their mouth!
3. Breakfast on the beach. Stop for your favorite donuts and smoothies. Put a blanket on the sand and watch the sunrise!
4. Banana splits for everyone! Grab some and head to a hiking trail or creek. Listen to the birds singing , water rushing and crickets chirping together.
5. Pick fresh strawberries, go home and make jam and deliver to some of your favorite loved ones.
6. Make a blanket fort with flashlights and favorite summer books and create a summer fun list together.
7. Leave one dollar at the dollar store by the summer toys for a lucky recipient.
8. Bring a bouquet of fresh cut flowers to a grandparent, aunt, neighbor or a favorite teacher. Leave on the porch with a note telling them to have a great summer.
9. Have a scavenger hunt at a park. Make a list of things like a grandparent and child, certain flower, butterflies, a bee, person smiling, sand bucket… Check off the list or have your little one take pictures on your phone.
10. Play shaving cream twister outside with neighbor friends!
Enjoy summer with your little ones! We can’t wait to see you all this summer at our Jump Start Classroom reveal! Date to be announced later! Until then, be safe, have fun and keep in touch!